How to Grow Your Social Media?
Growing a social media following is central to almost all online marketing strategies. After all, social media offers the ideal digital platform to interact with a relevant audience and create awareness around your brand.
Social media offers the perfect platform to share creative content that aligns with your audience’s values and desires in real-time, from company news to blog posts.
But, how do you get new followers to like and follow your social media platforms? Growing a social media following organically in a crowded digital space takes a tailored social media engagement strategy coupled with industry insights and technical know-how. Our social media team shares some of their top tips on how to get more social media followers for your business across some of the most powerful social networks.
HOW TO GROW YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA AUDIENCE IN 2022
SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 1 – COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT AND BUILDING – DON’T FORGET TO ENGAGE WITH YOUR AUDIENCE!
- Foster a sense of community engagement on social media by always replying to your audience, such as any comments left on posts, to ensure your consumers feel loved and heard. This also illustrates a high level of customer service, making your audience more likely to trust your brand.
- Engage with relevant profiles – for example, take a look at your competitor’s posts and see who’s liking, commenting, and engaging with their profile. This will help them discover your services and help you to grow your social media followers.
SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 2 – OPTIMISE YOUR HASHTAGS
- On social platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn, use relevant hashtags to help your profile and posts be discovered by relevant community members, growing your social media followers.
- On Instagram, Twitter and TikTok, you have to find hashtags that people in your target audience are more likely to check. These users will be more likely to follow your account if a relevant connection is made. It’s best to use various hashtags, from very niche community-based hashtags to larger, more widely used hashtags. Avoid spam hashtags like #love or #holiday that are too generic, and always vary the hashtags you use to avoid a shadowban.
- On LinkedIn, it’s best to use more generic hashtags as these act as keywords. So if you’re posting about luxury property using #luxuryproperty is a great place to start.
- A great tip from Laura Popa at adLemonade is to use a hashtag funnel. Start with your industry, then move on to your niche, then your brand, then your community, then your location and specific product hashtags based on the post theme, she suggests.
SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 3 – POST EXTRA VALUE CONTENT YOUR AUDIENCE WILL ENGAGE WITH
- Post extra value content. If you’re wondering what that is, it’s content that goes beyond just pushing your services or product. Whether it educates, inspires or provides news, don’t just bombard your audience with sales messaging. Give them a little extra, and they’ll reward you with loyalty.
- Listen to your audience and create tailored types of content that will foster audience engagement. You may be wondering how to find out what your audience likes? The best way to figure this out is by looking at your analytics and seeing which posts received the most engagement, then creating more content like it.
- Another way to know what content your audience likes is by asking them! Create a post asking your audience to comment about what content they enjoy. It’s a win-win, as your audience will feel listened to, and you’ll know what content to create.
SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 4 – OPTIMISE YOUR BIOS AND PROFILES
- Optimise your profile by ensuring your bio tells potential followers everything they need to know about your business and what you offer in one quick, easily digestible paragraph.
- A great way to grow your social media followers is to include keywords so your content can be found more easily.
- Always include a call to action, such as encouraging users to follow you or go to your website.
SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 5 – GROW YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS BY JUMPING ON TRENDS!
- But only if they’re relevant to your business.
- On Instagram, use Reels to reach new audiences and grow – find trending sounds and use these in your videos. We’d recommend posting at least one reel a week.
- For LinkedIn and Twitter, see what your sector is chatting about on the platform and create an opinion piece around that conversation.
- Facebook – join in the conversation! Comment, like, and share. Engage with your audience to drive dialogue.
SOCIAL MEDIA TIP 6 – WORK WITH INFLUENCERS
- Influencers hold the keys to an engaged following that should be interested in your services or products (if you pick the correct influencers!). Depending on your budget, implementing a successful influencer campaign can provide great results for your brand. Not only an increase in following, but hopefully sales too.
- Influencers provide you with content (which you can use on your feed) and an ability to connect with relevant, potential customers who wholeheartedly trust the influencer.
- We recommend combining mega, macro, and micro-influencers for the best results.
A FEW EXTRA TIPS TO GET MORE SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS
- Use analytics as part of your social media strategy to find out when your audience is actively engaged and post at these times, helping to increase page views.
- Don’t forget to keep an eye on what your competitors are doing, so you can do it better.
- Don’t forget to add locations on your Instagram post.
- Tag relevant profiles in your posts, especially on Instagram. This will result in your post appearing in their ‘tagged photos’ on their profiles, making your page more discoverable.
- Get partners and brand advocates to post about your business – this could be an influencer campaign or to encourage your consumers to post about your product. This acts as a review, encouraging others to like your product and follow your social media page.
- Join related industry groups, giving you greater insight into what your potential customers wqant and are talking about to engage your audience further and increase your social media followers.
If you are a luxury brand and need help growing your social media following with an effective social media strategy, contact the team of social media marketing experts at Relevance today.